Translate

Monday 26 May 2008

Toadstools

Well thanks to all that rain the 2 golf competions were called off, so it was back to crafting 2 toadstools for a lady in Oz. organised by Lucykatecrafts, which is a great idea you can follow the tutorial on her blog.The largest one was made as per instructions the smaller one I used a wine cork ( plenty of those in this household) unfortunately for an Aussie I think it was a Chateau Neuf du pape one, to stiffen the stem . and I machine the top edge and turned it before buttonhole edging it.We are supposed to make the toodstool in the colours and fabrics that are partner likes, I have asked for mauve, well what other colour is there?

6 comments:

Shirley Anne Sherris said...

Cute.
There is a clear medium you can use to coat your sculptures and it makes them waterproof and frost proof (not windproof!!!) so that you can put textile sculptures in the garden.
Cheers

sharon young said...

These are just charming, Pippa , they're so sweet and they look perfect in the setting.

annette emms said...

Hi Pippa,the mushrooms are great!
I also think you've made the most gorgeous Fairy Shoes.
We met at Stroud Guild and I'd like to thank you again for the book you gave me. I've already been off exploring churches on the Welsh border.
Bye for now.

hippopip said...

thanks Annette I am really glad that the book was of use

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

these are adorable.. have you seen Kristens?

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

check out KristenLaFlamme.com/musings
she is fascinated by toadstools too..