Translate

Sunday 3 August 2014

Dolls and felt

Started my City and Guilds felting part 2 last weekend really enjoyed it great tutor and a really lovely  group but I felt my age trying to concentrate and keep up,but at least I have the time at home to put in the work.Had to do the colour wheel yet again threw mine out not that long ago when I went through my old files and got rid of a lot of stuff,why is it that as soon as you get rid of something you find a use for it
 These two pieces I did with resists just to get used to the technique they worked well.

 This is a the of inlay work.
 So pleased with this one nuno felting on silk layer of silk a resist then grey fibres then orange and green, it came out just how I had imagined it.But in cutting out the resist I put the scissors through the chiffon in 2 places I was choked.

 These two look quite cute from a distance....................
 but with a closer look they are rather macabre made from bones,saw Jaberwooky at the NEC and there stand was brilliant like a breath of fresh air they had made these people with bones so a friend and I decided to try. Firstly we do not eat much meat  so getting the bones was difficult, we had a chicken butI boiled the bones so hard to get them clean that they went soft, in the end it was Lamb leg bones head and body and chicken for the arms and legs which I attached with wire so fully movable ,but what to do with them now?

No comments: