Friday, 2 May 2014

 This is my jar of iron mordant with leaves wrapped in cotton inside supposedly warming up in the sunshine ,not too much of that about and as it was getting very murky I decided to give it a good steam.
the bundles were quite dark until I washed them and wanting to know how permanent
the leaf prints would be I gave them a good wash with detergent where upon I lost most of the leaf print.

 I quite like the ghost like images but would have preferred more colour. If I had left them longer before rinsing them it might have been more permanent
 This piece which had been boiled in tea a good source of tannin survived the wash much better but whereas it was a very dark grey leaf it is now more brown.

No comments: