Translate

Monday 3 May 2010

Mica workshop and Janice Gunner

We went to Forge Mill for a workshop on using mica a mineral that can be split into fine sheets it was tutored by Angie Hughes and was very interesting, I have never used the stuff before and it was fascinating . Also at Forge Mill was an exhibition by Jannice Gunell quilted indigo dyed pieces I do like her work first seen at the FOQ and I am envious of her superb indigo dyeing techniques.Below is some of her glorious pieces,enjoy.





I really liked this piece it was very appealing and livable with if that makes sense it was priced at £75 which was also appealing.

Now onto the Mica workshop, Angie is always good value for money she is a fun tutor and so generous with both her ideas and the bits and pieces that you need at workshops.The 2 frames below are Madi's on the left and mine on the right, I was pleased with mine.
My first attempt.
Some of the other students work




3 comments:

artymess said...

That's interesting a friend has just sent me an ATC with some mica stitched onto it ...have you layered this and stuck or stitched it ??.......Lorna

sharon young said...

Looks like a great workshop, I've often thought of doing one with Angie. I love your framed piece, it's really pretty.
Janice Gunner's work is amazing too, thanks for sharing it.

Maggi said...

Lovely photos. I have been to a couple of workshops with Janice Gunner, she is good. Would love to do an Angie Hughes one, her stuff is inspiring.