Following on from last week I have been making stamps from foam,I have been using an old yoga mat and as it is thinner than the usual blocks I mount them onto wood first.I like the vague patterns best the leaves like the ones Sue did and the wicker basket I think these could be very useful
More mould making using latex and these two tubs which you mix together to harden both end up with a rather too soft mould,OK for casting plaster but does not work so well with the loo paper technique so I might have to try making aplaster casting from these then they will be inside out you cant win.
I made these two using Sculpey brushing a thin layer of it over a photocopy of an ammonite,very disappointing.
Spent most of this W/E trying to workout how to make my next ammonites piece for the end of year show at Ledbury.I want the piece to be very textured so have been painting and burning kunim felt and vilene so the whole house stinks,painted felt does not burn too well so tried transfer dyes but could not get the colours I wanted.
Painting onto cotton and vilene worked a treat I used one of the foam stamps I had made by pressing it into buttons, and I added xandaprint which I had coloured first and when heated it gave me the texture I wanted.I tried using Lutrador but the thicker one once painted is very stiff and I didn't fancy embroidering into it.